Monday, February 4, 2019


Happy February, blog readers! Jossel and I have now entered our 7th month here in Ecuador, and it feels good!
In the past few months, I have enjoyed my schedule change. I have been teaching online with VIP kids for extra savings, teaching 2 classes afterward at CEDEI, and then volunteering in the afternoons Tuesday through Friday. I am very busy, but I am hoping this will be my last cycle with Saturday classes. J With no more Saturday classes, I will finally be able to take weekend trips to Cajas or to the coast and enjoy traveling a bit more. I have felt a bit kept here in Cuenca since teaching Saturday classes. Overall, my classes are all different levels, which is something I requested for this cycle. I would also recommend any other beginner teacher to do the same because I am getting so much experience by teaching different levels. This means that this is only my second cycle teaching and I have already taught 4 different levels; great for the resume and yourself!
I recently booked a trip with my fellow teacher and good friend, Sam to Olón on the coast for Carnaval, which I am told is very fun on the coast! We have the weekend and a few days of the following week off, so it was a no brainer we took a vacation, and the beach sounded like our best bet.
The longer I live in Cuenca, the more I realize how much the city has to offer and how many friends there are to be made. Honestly, most of my friends are gringos, but I don’t mind. I have met so many likeminded, interested, open minded, and friendly people since I have been here, and it has made me a better person. Most of my friends inspire me to do more and be more fearless, and I wouldn’t trade my decision to come down here for the world. It was the best decision I ever made.
Furthermore, as I am nearing towards the end of my time here in Cuenca, I am looking to teach in another country and looking toward my future a bit more. It is not that I wouldn’t want to continue living in Cuenca, it is just that after taking the plunge and moving abroad, I feel as though I want to live and teach everywhere. Therefore, I am looking into teaching in Chile from August until December through their English Opens Doors English program. If I do not get the job there, I think I may stay in Cuenca until December and then look for another job abroad come February of next year! J
Ive also uploaded some cute photos of some students to this blog and some of my favorite recent photos from life… J

Jose y Vilmer doing some puzzles :) I was so amazed by how GREAT the kids were at these puzzles. Little Einsteins. 
Jostin refused to do his homework without wearing my glasses :) 
A new smoothie bowl place by my house! The first one of its kind in Cuenca that i've seen! Its SO GOOD! 



No comments:

Post a Comment