Thursday, December 13, 2018


Hello, blog readers! How is it already December 8th!
:-O November was a very busy month, but I think I have fully officially settled into living in Cuenca. I sometimes don’t feel like I live in another country. Rather, I feel like I’m living in the most beautiful city in the US, where people are more friendly and the pace of life is slower. Overall, I have found it very easy to adapt to my busy schedule. Moreover, I have enjoyed being very busy to the point where when I have free time, I wish I was doing something for school. I have found that in my free time I lesson plan or do something for the Fundación. Last week our regular, ten-week class has ended, and this week our Saturday classes ended. Therefore, the only remaining class is the 5-week intensives, which I only have to administer an exam for on Monday. Therefore, we will not have classes starting Tuesday, which will give me more time to volunteer at the Fundación before I leave for the States on Thursday. That’s right! I am heading home for Christmas. I think my mother couldn’t stand the thought of me being away for the holidays so they decided to help me out financially with a plane ticket! J Although I am sad I will be missing out on all of the travelling fellow teachers will be doing during their 3 week break until classes begin again, I am excited to head home and see my family and friends and restock on some small material goods I cannot get down here.
            Overall, November was busy, but I am feeling like I am really becoming a better person through this experience/opportunity. I am really challenging myself in the classroom, and I feel like I am truly growing as a teacher and becoming better every day. I am proud of myself for taking the chance and applying to the Puente Cultural Grant because I think I have learned SO much about myself by moving to another country and starting a new career. Luckily, I think I enjoy teaching so much that I will teach English for a long time to come. Additionally, I am excited to have a schedule change in January where I can begin teaching in the morning and volunteering at the Fundación in the evening. I find it very rewarding volunteering, but especially in the evenings with the big group of children that I have come to know very well J Thanks so much for reading, and I hope that all of these blog posts give real insight into an individual experience with the Puente Cultural Grant in Cuenca, Ecuador. I 100% recommend it.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment